Wednesday 24 June 2009

The Inside View

It's really hotting up here in the Ways With Words office, with the sun returned and the festival only sixteen days away. I am the latest addition to the intern family, and as a keen attendee of WWW have been having great fun experiencing it all from the inside. I get positively star-struck when I pick up the phone and find an author on the other end, and am holding out for Andrew Motion.

Tickets are still selling nicely, and I often find myself advising people on the standby queue for sold-out events. (Let's see if we can get the line past the Barn this year!) Nonetheless, I have been thrilled at how nice all the festival-goers have been, even when disappointed - you are not preparing me for the cruel world of business at all!

With regard to the festival double acts, I am sure Harvey & Hart are a successful duo of stand-up comedians, or possibly children's television presenters.

Ahh, how many kisses to sign off with? The norm so far has been anything between one and three...

Francesca Intern
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment